Friday, January 9, 2015

Fussy and Fancy Challenge #130-Swirls and Pearls!!

Good Friday morning dear blogging friends ...two consecutive days of posting...WOO HOO!!

Today I'd like to welcome you all to Fussy and Fancy's first challenge of 2015!!!

Now this is not actually my challenge to post for but we have a FABULOUS new sponsor and our oh so TALENTED Norma has chosen the most perfect theme...well I just had to ask if I could play along!! 

Okay so our sponsor is Aurora Wings...YAY...and as you will have guessed from my post title Norma's wonderful theme is "Swirls and Pearls"!!!

I have always loved Aurora Wings images...they are so BEAUTIFUL and intricate!!!  I have to say that I was a bit intimidated as the images are stand alone GORGEOUS and wasn't sure if I could do one justice but they just pulled at me and I couldn't resist a go...coupled with Norma's theme and here I am!!! 

So here is "Eye Butterfly-Butterfly Mask" by Aurora Wings...

please click on the first image for a closer view/slideshow...
 I coloured this GORGEOUS image with my Prismas...
dusted the edges with a tiny bit of Frantage...
Thank You sentiment is from Hero Arts and cut out using Spellbinders Small Banners die...
mounted it on a cheesecloth backing...
added swirls of pearls and a stick pin with ribbon, Shabby Seam Binding and butterfly charm...
 closer view...
 this beautiful stick pin comes with the crystal top and gorgeous mauve stone...
 the side of the card is embossed using a Cuttlebug swirl edge folder...
decorated with pearls and thin ribbon...
the sentiment and floral wreath is Hero Arts...
the white paper is Bazzil that is already embossed with swirls (bit hard to see in this photo)...
 closer view of the side embossed...
 
So that is my first play with a GORGEOUS Aurora Wings digi image!!!  You have to hop on over to Fussy and Fancy to check out the STUNNING creations that my fabulous team mates have come up with and then it's your turn to dazzle us!!!!
 
Now before I finish off this post I just wanted to share a photo of my DARLING new Grandson Max!!!  Mommy sent this to me and said that I could share this with my blogging friends...some of you have asked about a pic so I present to you Max Charles Brovold!!
 
My Daughter-in-law Natalie has dubbed this pic "Judgy Max" as he was giving her attitude at just 4 weeks old!!  While his brother Quinn is a blonde and fair skinned our Max is dark haired and more of an olive complexion like the Brovold side!!  My Granddaughter Calla is so happy that she has a cousin that looks like her...her twin sister Mia is fair like cousin Quinn!!!
 
Okay family time over...lol!!!
 
Materials Used:
Digi-Aurora Wings-direct link to the Etsy Shop HERE
Stamps-Hero Arts
Embossing folder-Cuttlebug
Die cut-Spellbinders Small Banners
Stick pin and butterfly charm-The Ribbon Girl
Frantage and Shabby Seam Binding-Live and Love Crafts
All other supplies are from my stash
 
Challenges I will enter:
Creative Fingers-Challenge #62 "Anything Goes"
 
Until next time...thank you for taking the time to stop by!!!  Your visits and comments are so very much appreciated!!
 



23 comments:

  1. Delightful cute child....so adorable. LOVE your creation Beth it is simple divine Great image and colours as well.. :)

    {The Journey is the Start – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Beth, this is absolutely gorgeous! The image is so pretty and you colored it amazingly. Love the swirls of pearls, so beautiful. Your grandson is so cute, look at those eyes! Big hug, Ivonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Firstly, what a gorgeous card with all the fabulous purples and that image, how spectacular!! Secondly, Max is just so precious, I want to reach into the computer and pinch his cheeks!! Congratulations Grandma!! until next time, hugs and smiles :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous card! your colouring is outstanding, as always! love all the wee embellishments too .... and the purples are just stunning! love purple! .... Max is adorable ... love the expression on his face

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful..love the purples and the baby is soooo cute!! Once again your talent has treated my eye!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning creation Beth...love the purples and gorgeous design.
    Your grandson really is darling...hope you get lots of cuddles. hugs, Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Max is a sweetie! Thanks for sharing his cute little piccy! Your card is lovely - what beautiful colouring! Wow! Love the inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh BETH BETH BETH what can |I say! I just love your card, and your colouring is brilliant! You really do that image justice you know. And oh now look at Max! He is gorgeous. Congratulations to a very happy gran. Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous Beth, what lovely work you have done here, love it!
    Great pic of the sweet little bundle too
    hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Your colouring is a masterpiece! Wow!
    Stunning!!!!!! Beautiful work!!!!
    Your grandson is way too cute...oh that face!!!!! Congratulations on being a grandma again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgoeus card, Beth! Love that image and the beautiful colours you have used.
    Gorgeous Grandson too. He's very cute.

    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  12. a very nice card . I especially love the butterfly on it . A really great Job...

    Hugs Doris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely project, you did that image justice, its amazing.
    Thanks for playing in the Creative Fingers challenge Penny (Creative Fingers DT)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is stunning, Beth. Your colouring is fabulous. You certainly did this Aurora Wings image justice. Love how you always put many gorgeous details for my eyes to feast on. Beautifully designed.
    Max is so cute. Ooooh those big eyes!
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  15. WOW Beth!!! Stunning card! Fab design and your coloring is awesome!
    Love all the pretty details :)

    Oooohhh Max... so, so cute!!!
    I wish you a lovely weekend!
    Lotsa hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! Such a stunning image Beth and beautifully coloured. Your design is perfect and all of your fabulous details are gorgeous - such a wonderful card.
    Max is adorable, he does look a little serious in the photograph though! My boys are very similar in looks, they both take after my side of the family, but they are so different in temperament and character - say no more!
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow Beth, what a beautiful card! Actually its stunning! Just love all of the colouring and embellishments. Also Max is just gorgeous and while I'm at it I think you forgot to update your info....now you have two grandsons!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy belated New Year Beth! This is utterly stunning, gorgeous coloring in jewel tones and beautifully embellished. I love AW images, beautiful details; they are a real challenge to color but sure it's worth it.
    Your new grandson is an adorable little fellow, he is looking very self assured. Love it when they show personality at such young stage.
    I took some time off from paper crafting over Christmas holidays and started doing some crochet to make better use of my time during breaks at work, lol.
    Have a good weekend!
    Hugs, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely gorgeous card! Your butterfly is amazing. Beautiful work!

    Karen

    PS your grandson is so precious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is just stunning as always Beth! Love how you coloured the butterfly mask in! Congrats on your new grandson too.

    Hugs, Vannessa x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh sweetie this is soooooo gorgeous, I love these images, this is the first time I've seen the mask. LOVE what you have done with it & the colour is one of my faves. I have to admit though I looked longer at your handsome grandson there. Max is just gorgeous & so cute.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congratulations on the new grandson. Lovely photo.
    Lovely card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is stunning.
    Thanks for joining us at Creative FIngers.

    ReplyDelete