Friday, September 1, 2017

Fussy and Fancy Challenge #195 "Anything Goes Mixed Media"

Good Friday morning dear crafters!!

Being the beginning of the month it means lots of new challenges starting...SO...

Welcome to my first post for today! 

At Fussy and Fancy we begin a new challenge with our wonderfully talented Jo as our hostess who has chosen "Anything Goes Mixed Media"...now if you haven't visited Jo you really must...she is a true ARTIST with her "mixed media" let me tell you!!!

Thanks Jo for the inspiration to get back to some mixed media!

I have to warn you that this post is picture HEAVY!!

Here is what I came up with...
please click on the first image for a closer view/slideshow...
I started with a "naked" large clothes pin that I will use to hold "stuff" on my desk...
here you see the "naked" pin then I sponge painted with mauve and next I added cheesecloth with some gesso...
next I prepared the paper flower and fabric leaves...both from Wild Orchid Crafts...
sponging both the flower and leaves with the "dirty" sponge left from the pin painting...
to finish off the flower I sprayed with some Glimmer Mist...
and OOOPPPSSS...my middle pic should be the third...
I used a clear adhesive ink to stamp some butterflies and then embossed with silver embossing powder then fussy cut and layered them...
I grabbed the butterfly from my stash...not sure the company...
next came the key which I attached then covered with cheesecloth and adhered with the "dirty" sponge and gesso...
the finished product...
another view...
laying down...
finished key and butterflies...
I attached some cheesecloth and shabby seam binding to the key...
then pearl strands to both the key and butterflies...
 the flower...
I also added some pink pearl stamens and some finer yellow ones...
 flower and butterfly...

And that is my "mixed media" project...can't wait to get my craft room put back together and place it on my desk!!  Now I know that my talented team mates would love for you to pay them visit...so hop on over to Fussy and Fancy...then come on and dazzle us with your creations!!!

All materials are listed/linked above.

Challenges I wish to enter:
Love To Craft Challenge Blog-September Challenge #14 "Anything Goes"
613 Avenue Create-Challenge #200 "Anything Goes/Optional Twist Shabby Chic"

Until next time...thank you for stopping by!!  Your visits and comments are SO very much appreciated!!!







5 comments:

  1. I adore this Beth, a real Mixed Media piece, brilliant inspiration for our Challenge. Your work is always amazing and this one is a real show stopper...thanks so much for creating it for our challenge...much love and hugs...Jo. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous project, love all the embellishments! Thank you for sharing with us over at Love To Craft! Hope to see you again!
    Sherry x DT for Love To Craft
    Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads – My personal Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Une magnifique idée cette pince à linge relookée.
    J'adore.
    Ça me donne envie de reprendre un peu le Mixed Media...
    a bientôt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous mixed media clothespin, and the steps/supplies that you used, with us at Love To Craft

    ReplyDelete